- The Boost
- How to Build Your Own GPT In Less Than 10 Minutes
How to Build Your Own GPT In Less Than 10 Minutes
Hi Friends 👋
There are only 47 days remaining in 2023 — enough time to brush up your AI skills to rocket into 2024 🚀
GPTs are a way to create your own custom version of ChatGPT and this week’s email is all GPTs:
How to build your own GPT in less than 10 minutes
Create and host websites in GPT
From sketch to logo in seconds
Get help finding products with the required specifications
End the Netflix doom-scrolling with recommendation GPT
Let’s get started…
57k of the world’s smartest marketers read this newsletter
Stacked Marketer* is the industry insider newsletter that gives marketers an edge on the competition. Covering breaking industry news, tips and tricks for almost every marketing channel, including Google, Facebook, Native, SEO, and more.
Sign up to Stacked Marketer for free! This newsletter is for the busy marketer who wants to get smarter.
It’s a quick 7-minute daily read.
Carefully curated marketing news, ad tech, and actionable advice.
Delivered fresh every weekday, straight to your inbox.
It’s 100% free.
Delivered from Monday to Friday, without a hitch - so expect it to head your way next weekday!
AI for Marketing 🔗
🗞️ AI News
Microsoft’s Copilot, an automated office assistant, got a global release [Link]
💬 ChatGPT GPT’s Showcase
ChatGPT launched GPTs last week. These are the best I’ve found:
Interactive sales training with Sales Coach GPT [Link]
Proofread, edit and track changes to your content. Works alongside a Chrome browser extension [Link]
Create and host websites. It also creates other designs too like the splash image in this week’s deep dive [Link]
Funny and critical photo critiques with a whimsical twist [Link]
Upload your logo sketch and pick a style to create a logo like below👇 [Link]
Upload your logo sketch and pick a style to create a logo
A bot that recommends movies & shows based on your taste [Link]
Product Search GPT. Not sure exactly what product you need and can’t work out its specification? Try this [Link]
How to reverse engineer any GPT to discover its prompt [Link]
Waste some time with the Inventbot to make your craziest ideas come to life 👇[Link]
Waste some time with the Inventbot to make your craziest ideas come to life
How to Build Your Own GPT In Less Than 10 Minutes
Why You Should Care: Are you tired of losing prompts and finding it difficult to share your best ChatGPT prompts with team members? GPTs offer a practical solution to this problem.
What You Need to Know: GPTs provide a straightforward method for storing and sharing your favourite prompts. They are simple to create. With GPTs, maintaining a separate prompt library becomes unnecessary; instead, your team can easily share their most effective prompts.
On with the story…
Last week, OpenAI launched GPTs, a way to create your own custom version of ChatGPT. GPTs are only available to paid subscribers.
GPTs are like having a prompt already set up and ready to go, so you don’t need to write one. Take, for example, Trigger Stories GPT, designed to help you craft marketing messages that encourage prospects to take action:
Creating GPTs is super simple.
It’s also great for saving and sharing your best prompts.
In this deep dive, I’m going to show you how to create them.
I suggest you dig out your favourite prompt and follow along with my instructions below.
If you don’t have a prompt, choose one from our ChatGPT Marketing Magic Toolkit.
You can either follow the video or the written instructions…
Step-by-Step Instructions: How To Create a GPT
It’s easy and takes 10 minutes, but you must have ChatGPT Plus or Enterprise.
Find out how in my short video:
Or read the instructions below:
1. Navigate to https://chat.openai.com/
2. Click "Explore"
3. Click "Create a GPT"
4. Explain what your GPT should do. Eg 'Act as an interactive sales coach'. Now it will create the GPT for you!
5. Tell ChatGPT if you like the name it automatically created
6. Review the profile picture it automatically created
7. Click "Configure" to manually add the settings
8. Click the "Name your GPT" field to edit the GPT name
9. Edit the description. This is also the opening subheading for your GPT, so it can also contain starting instructions.
10. Edit the automatically written "Instructions". Or even better, copy and paste your own prompt into the instructions.
11. Edit or delete the 'Conversation starters'. These are the text hints above the input box.
12. Click the dropdown next to 'Save'
13. Select and choose a sharing option for your GPT and hit confirm
14. Your GPT is now finished. It is available in the list on the left.
15. To return to the GPT settings, click the dropdown and 'Edit GPT'.
16. Click "Configure" to change all settings
17. For example, you might want to turn off "Web Browsing" or "DALL•E"
Simple effective, you’re now sharing your best GPT creations.
Reply to this email with your best GPT creations and I’ll share them in next weeks newsletter.
That’s a wrap - how was today's newsletter?
Help me deliver more value to you
If you enjoyed today's issue, please do reply (it helps with deliverability). If you didn't you can unsubscribe at the bottom.
If someone forwarded you this email, you can subscribe here.
Thanks for reading,
PS. The Boost Academy is nearly at capacity, we’ve got space for 2 more clients. Meanwhile, I’m building the next version of The Boost Academy will be open to ambitious business owners soon.